Directions of changes in accounting and reporting of public companies
Monika Kaczorek, Partner and Vice-President of Mazars in Poland was a speaker at the conference Accounting and Reporting of Public Companies, which took place on the 20th and 21st of May 2019 in Warsaw.
The conference programme covered the following topics:
- Financial reporting of public companies and changes in annual reporting,
- Recommendations and expectations of market supervisors regarding disclosures in financial statements,
- Auditors in the aspect of the digitalization of financial statements,
- New standard for mandatory reporting of issuers - ESEF,
- Implementation aspects on the side of issuers, with particular emphasis on financial institutions.
On the first day of the conference, Monika Kaczorek, partner of Mazars in Poland, delivered a lecture on The Act on Statutory Auditors, State Supervision and Electronization of Financial Statements of Issuers and their Impact on Relations between Public Company and Statutory Auditor. She will also took part in a panel discussion on Transparency of public companies in Poland.
The other participants in the discussion:
Jacek Fotek, Vice-President of the Management Board, Warsaw Stock Exchange;
Prof. Marek Wierzbowski, Law Firm Prof. Wierzbowski & Partners;
Tomasz Konieczny, Partner in Audit and Advisory Services, PwC;
Kamil Stolarski, Santander
dr Tomasz Bursa, Vice-President of the Management Board of OPTI TFI
The discussion was moderated by Andrzej Stec, Editor-in-chief of the stock exchange daily "Parkiet" and was followed by the announcement of results of the Transparent Company of the Year 2018 ranking.
More information about the event can be found on the website of the Institute of Accounting and Taxes.