Business valuation is a complex process requiring broad knowledge of finance and business, expert application of recognized valuation methodologies, and diligent adherence to professional standards. Knowing exactly what drives the value of a business or an intangible asset and how to measure it is critical to ensuring a professional valuation.
Key benefits that we bring
- Supporting potential buyers/sellers within transactions to get a better understanding of their price limits in the negotiation process.
- Expert opinions that give evidence in court, arbitrations and tax proceedings.
- Involvement in international valuation organisations such as the Valuation Community of the German Institute of Auditors (FAUB).
- Valuation of strategic alternatives: We advise clients by providing indicative valuations, valuation modelling and business plan analysis in order to enhance the outcome of the transaction.
- Valuations required by law: We act as independent experts or court-appointed auditor in court disputes or arbitral proceedings with respect to valuations under company law/required by law. For example, mergers or squeeze-outs.
- Valuations for financial reporting: We assist in complying with local GAAP, IFRS and US-GAAP regarding purchase price allocations, impairment test and valuation of assets.
- Valuation for tax purposes: We help minimise the risk of subsequent tax payments of investments, reorganisations or inheritance/donation by valuations being robust against the tax audit.