Key UK tax facts and figures at your fingertips for 2017/18, including personal tax and business...
UK & Ireland Desk
The UK and Ireland are two European countries with very similar systems of law and taxation, with mutual rights to work, live and travel, along with mutual professional recognition of accounting and audit professionals which pre-date the arrangements made in the EU and are therefore independent of Brexit. Regardless of the rich cultural heritage of Celtic languages available in both countries, the main business language of both is English, and a strong common culture exists between the Republic and the UK. We therefore treat the two countries as a single desk for the purposes of assisting our clients from the UK and Ireland coming to Central and Eastern Europe and vice versa.
Together the two countries would be the 20th in the world in terms of population (3rd in Europe after Russia and Germany), and the 5th economy (2nd in Europe after Germany). The Human Development Index rank is 6th in the world for Ireland, 14th for the UK.
Mazars in the UK
Mazars in the UK has over 140 partners and over 1,700 employees working at 19 offices.
In the World Bank’s Doing Business 2017 Survey the United Kingdom was ranked 7th globally for ease of doing business. Based on 2016 Global Innovation Index, UK is also third most innovative country in the world and according to the Financial Times’ FDI Report 2016 and OECD’s FDI in Figures 2016 it is first in Europe for FDI projects in total and for FDI projects from high-growth markets.
One of the main advantages of setting up a business in the UK is lack of bureaucracy and great trust towards entrepreneurs – it takes less than one day to open a business there via online procedures and one has to have only 1GBP required share capital. What is more, tax burdens in the UK are much lower than in most of the Central and Eastern European countries. These are the main reasons why entrepreneurs decide to transfer their businesses to the UK.
If you want to be successful on the foreign market and make the most of your decision, it's worthwhile to have an independent advisor at your side. As a fully integrated audit and advisory firm, Mazars is able to support you both from your home market and locally in the UK.
Mazars in Ireland
Based in Dublin and Galway, Mazars Ireland is part of an integrated partnership. With expertise from 22 Partners and over 350 professionals Mazars Ireland thrives to provide technical excellence and quality of service.
UK & Ireland Desk in Poland
Our UK & Ireland Desk was established to support British and Irish companies in their international activities and to assist Central and Eastern European companies establishing their presence in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The desk is led by a team in Poland and the portfolio of clients we support is large and growing quickly. Choosing Mazars, you will benefit from native British speaking advisers living in the CEE region who understand both UK/Irish and European cultures, business environment, markets and practices.
How can we assist you?
We provide a wide range of services to support new investors in the UK/Ireland as well as to help your business expand further.
These are the standard solutions which each Mazars office is able to provide:
- Accounting and Outsourcing Solutions (AOS) - accounting advisory services, accounting outsourcing, BPO, consolidation and reporting, HR & payroll solutions, temporary accounting services
- Financial Audit - statutory and contractual audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with Polish Accounting Act or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or other national standards (US GAAP etc.), audits of consolidated financial statements
- Internal Audit - internal control and risk management operations, internal audit services
- Tax Advisory Services – tax compliance, personal income tax, corporate income tax, indirect taxation, expertise, assurance, representation and handling of tax disputes
- Financial Advisory Services - consulting in the area of mergers and acquisitions, acquisition audit / due diligence, valuation of companies and their assets including the modelling of financial plans, financial restructuring and the revitalisation of companies
Above and beyond these solutions, we also have developed a programme of assistance of UK/Irish investors into Poland. This may be of use to family business which have been single country before now and wish to try to extend their products to other countries and are attracted by the low labour costs, high skill levels and good logistics that CEE has to offer.